La Farge Schools is seeking applicants for a instructional aide to work in the elementary school, primarily with students in kindergarten - third grade.
The paraprofessional would work under the direct supervision of the building principal with additional guidance from classroom teachers.
The position involves:
- Supporting classroom teachers with instruction
- Assisting students in performing classroom activities
- Fostering positive student interactions and supporting positive behavior
- Other duties as determined by students' needs
Qualified candidates should possess:
- A passion for working with early elementary aged students;
- A positive attitude that will contribute to a welcoming atmosphere;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to support students’ academic development in literacy and mathematics; and
- Excellent attendance history in previous employment.
By Federal law, this position requires the candidate to have a high school diploma in addition to meeting "highly qualified" standards of one of the following:
- Two years or more of study at an institute of higher education (completion of 48 semester hours or equivalent of trimester hours), or
- Associate or higher degree, or
- Passing a test to demonstrate the knowledge of and ability to assist in the instruction of reading, writing, and mathematics.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Applicants should submit a resume, letter of interest, and references.
Apply to: School District of La Farge
Meaghan Gustafson, District Administrator
301 W Adams Street
La Farge, WI 54639
Notice of Non-Discrimination: The School District of La Farge does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, national origin, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, religion, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or physical, mental, emotional, or learning disability or handicap in its education programs or activities.